Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wings of a Dream

This shawl was a pleasure to knit. I used KnitPicks "Bare" 100% merino wool laceweight yarn. 100 grams/880 yards. The pattern calls for two skeins but I only used one. However, I only had 5 - 6 yards left!

The pattern is by Melanie Gibbons of Pink Lemon Twist. It is a version of her "Swan Lake" mystery knit-a-long, which is asymetrical. I chose to knit the third version which has two wings. It is about 88" x 21".
I think it would also be very nice if just the two wings came together, maybe with a 3 - 4" border stripe down the middle to connect the two wings.
I also used glass "pearl" beads all over the wings.
Now I get to choose another wonderful lace project. I must say, lace is addicting!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Beautiful! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing with me.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home