Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More sewing room

The drop down desk holds my light box and it is convenient to just push it back out of the way when I'm not using it. The drawers hold batting, mending, rolls of paper, interfacing, etc, knitting bags and some finished projects. The laundry room is next to the cuttin table and I have built in shelving in there for more plastic drawers of "stuff". Across from the laundry room is a walk in closet under the stairs. Oooh, do I see somebody's little black tail?
My fabric stash looks so innocent. What you don't see are the large rolling bins full of fabric stored in the closet. These are mostly fat quarters and 1 yd pieces.
Best part of this room is that it has it's own air conditioning zone and lots of vents. My husband can stay upstairs and not freeze while me and my hot flashes can CHILL!

The wet bar comes in handy, especially for water for my iron! I set a desk "topper" on it to hold my cds, stereo etc. To the left is a full bath and to the right is another closet and the door to the beach. I never open the sliding glass doors - the salty air is not good for my machines, or anything else. Beach living has it drawbacks. Now I am working on organizing my yarn in the bedroom closet upstairs. My husband built white laminate shelves in every closet to my specifications. I caught him at a good time because he had just retired and was looking for some projects. Unfortunately he is over that and isn't too keen on projects anymore. Too bad because I have quite a list for him. Oh well, he'll get to them, but it will just take him longer to get up the energy.
Now all I need to do is stop organizing and stop sitting there just looking at my nice room and get some sewing and knitting done! Yeah!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Yes Mary...
Go Have some FUN in your Beautiful Room !!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home