Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Harmony Needle Lovers

When my new set of Harmony interchangeable needles arrived from KnitPicks, I did not like the zipper case it came with - too bulky. So then I folded the cardboard that the needles were packaged on and slipped it into the small plastic pouch that came with it for the cables. It made a nice little packet, however, it was a little tight and I was afraid I might snap a needle tip while it was in my knitting bag. Soooo, I made my own case. I used a case from a set of cd's I had. I covered cardboard with fabric and stitched needle pockets and used twill tape so I could identify the needle sizes. I used Velcro to attach my needle gauge. The extra cables, buttons, etc go into cd sleeves. On the outside I inserted a piece of fabric with a cute knitting pin up girl. I know I have that printed on paper somewhere around here, and it came out with much
deeper colors, but this will due for now. Actually, I am on the lookout for a little fatter case which would be a little more roomy. I'll be looking in the thrift stores and library sales. Then I will make some improvements.
BTW, I LOVE the Harmony needles. I also have 3 sets of Denise needles which I also love. Don't ask me to choose. The Harmony's are a little pointier which is good for lace.
So, how do you like that?
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

This is so great! I've been working on a case of my own, but haven't quite come up with anything, yet. This gives me fresh inspiration!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home