Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Gifts

This is my favorite baby sweater to knit. It is called "Beribboned Eyelets" from the book Kids-Kids-Kids. It goes together in a strange way so it is fun to see it emerge. The hat I made up.
I used a novelty "flag" yarn as a carry along on some of the rows to dress it up. I couldn't find buttons that pleased me so I crocheted around plastic rings with embroidery floss and then embellished it with a pearl center.
I actually made this for my "Granny Hope Chest". Maybe some day I'll get a grandchild.
This is fleece trimmed with paper doll fabric made for a baby shower
This is a one piece sweater knit with TOFUTsies yarn. It is supposed to be done with a solid color and a variegated, but I just used the variegated because it uses less than half a ball of each color - so I only used one ball and had a good bit left over. I didn't find buttons I liked so I crocheted around with white and made a flower on the end of the ties. I like contrast
I made this scarf for a friend we are going to visit later this week.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home