Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Saturday, August 11, 2007





I'm catching up with some very old projects. My mother had this doll kit and she did all the candlewicking and embroidery on the body and dress. She then asked me to do the face and hair, since satin stitch is my forte. She passed away in 1986 and never assembled the doll. It's been in my UFO stash all these years. Viola! I did it! and ain't she PURTY!

About 10 years ago I bought an historical "Mammy-Style Folk Doll" kit. I just love her and I'm glad I got her done this year. She reminds me of the old TV show "Beulah" - the beloved and very funny housekeeper.


While we were visiting my son in Dallas in the Spring I of course had to visit a quilt shop. There I found this wonderful vintage look fabric called "Buckarettes". Each cowgirl has a name printed under her face... Joleen, Rosa, Kitty, Emmylou, etc. Adorable. So I made a big tote with lots of pockets and a purse - done just in time for my trip to Keepsake Quilting. Sorta brings me back to the 1950's when I had "Davy Crockett" shorts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Like I said before.. I love your Dolls !!

The Cowboy Bags are Great!!!!!
I LOVE them !!!
You are such a Good Bag Lady!!! :)

XXXOO Penny

7:05 PM  
Blogger Sally Swappa said...

Those bags came out great! Can't wait to see the real thing!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home