Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Save the Children

This little cap will be sent to Save the Children "Caps for Kids". They are put into birthing kits for third world countries to try to reduce the infant mortality rate. I think it's a good way to make a difference. The cap doesn't take very long at all to knit. The pattern is on their website and there is a crochet pattern also. I think I'll be making a lot of these and they are great for using up bits of yarn. The starfish is just something I felt like trying. I made one a long time ago with perle cotton and tiny beads - it was beautiful - then I lost it! I'll make another one with beads some day. Maybe I'll add some pearls to this one and then sew it onto something. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

The hat is so cute and so tiny :)

Is that a New Starfish you made ??? So cute !!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home