Beachside Knitter

This is the place I keep track of my knitting and sewing projects - and other miscellaneous too.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Not Pretty, But Functional

( Penny, see my new swift? I love it!) We've been building this house for about 20 years. Last year my husband finally finished the drywall and primed it, but this year I'm giving him a break - he should be playing with his boat, which hasn't been in the water in 7 yrs due to lots of stuff going on in our lives. But, until he can get to painting and flooring, I asked him to put up a couple of little shelves, etc.
I've had some sewing themed fabric for a long time and decided this would be the place to use it. We don't have closet doors yet, so I made a curtain to hide all the storage (crib, wedding gown, toys, etc) I don't have to get into the closet at all, and now I don't have to look at all the stuff I'd like to be rid of and he won't let me.
I only had so much fabric so the valances are the way they are. I had fun one day sewing all different colored buttons along the bottom. I made "pants" for my sewing table on wheels. It looks a little beefy, but I love having it on wheels. This is the place all the "leftovers and castoffs" came to live, but they are working out nicely. There is an 8' island in the kitchen nearby, and it is great for laying out and cutting.
I wish it was a better picture of the view out both windows - it's very pretty and a cool gentle breeze comes down the mountain behind us.






So, pretty it ain't, but very productive atmosphere. When we go back home to Florida in late Oct., I will be setting up my new sewing room in the great space my son vacated. I hope to put more stuff on wheels - it is so convenient to be able to move things around to suit the project I'm working on. The room is tiled and I have already found it easy to move things, but wheels rule! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Nice to have a Craft Room :)

Yes.. I see your swift :)
Ok..... So now I HAVE to get one.. Mary has one :) LOL

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home